Holy basil, known as Ocimum sanctum in Latin, has for thousands of years been revered as Tulsi in Ayurvedic medicine. Tulsi means “the incomparable one,” which is the reality of this majestic herb.
Phytonutrients within holy basil are some of the most prized molecules in the plant pharmacy. To make a drug from holy basil, pharmaceutical companies could deliver those molecules in an iso-lated form, but that would no longer be the infinitely complex holy basil treasured by traditional medicine.
The scientific world is giving heed to these molecules. In the United States, researchers have de-termined that holy basil’s “active” molecules promote a healthy inflammation response. These molecules’ cell protective properties have been studied in vitro with respect to cells of the breast, oral cavity, colon, prostate, skin and liver. They have also been studied worldwide for their effect on normal cell growth.
The whole is more than the sum of its parts, but the whole must contain the parts. That is why New Chapter’s Holy Basil is the only source of this herb that provides both supercritical and hy-droethanolic extracts to capture the fullness of this herb in its purest and most concentrated form.
• Non-GMO Project Verified, Gluten Free
• Promotes calm and balance*
• Promotes positive stress response & healthy mood*
• Researchers have determined that Holy Basil’s “active” molecules promote a healthy in-flammation response.*
• Pure & potent Holy Basil extract
• Holy Basil (Ocimum sanctum) (leaf) hydroethanolic extract 536 mg
• Holy Basil (Ocimum sanctum) (leaf) supercritical extract 536 mg
• Other ingredients: Capsule (Gelatin [Halal]), vegetable glycerine, water, and carob), organic olive oil, maltodextrin and yellow beeswax.
Serving size: 2 softgels