IV Therapy Toronto
– Located In The Heart of Toronto, Ontario
Read more to learn about our iv therapies – process, advantages and benefits of this type of therapy.
Our Toronto Naturopathic Doctor will help you customize your nutritional IV plan so you get the ideal outcome possible.
***Please Note: *An initial health assessment of 30-45 minutes is needed for patients receiving iv vitamin therapy infusion for the first time. This is to ensure that the suitable intravenous drip is chosen for you. Have a more complicated health condition? We may require an initial consultation.
IV THERAPY OFFERED BY DR. AMAURI CAVERSAN, ND
IV THERAPY OFFERED BY DR. AMAURI CAVERSAN, ND
AS A CONJOINT TREATMENT WITH ARV BUTTAR, NP
IV BOOSTER SHOTS
Welcome to Dr. Amauri Wellness Centre’s IV Therapy Lounge
Recover. Replenish. Relax. Take steps towards improving your health with a customized IV cocktail at Dr. Amauri Wellness Centre’s IV Therapy Lounge.
Why consider IV vitamin therapy infusion?
Our bodies are composed entirely of cells. If our cells are not healthy, the body is not optimally healthy. We want to provide our cells with what they need to exist in healthy conditions.
IV vitamin therapy helps replenish your nutritional needs; it bypasses the stomach, delivering a high concentration of nutrients to the cells in the body. This form of Custom Rehydration allows a nutritional compound to be distributed into your circulatory system, providing the cells with nutrients that are needed to support their function.
IV vitamin therapy hydrates your body, supports energy production and helps detoxify your liver, kidneys and lymphatic system. If you have trouble swallowing pills, you have a compromised digestive system or need Custom Rehydration to help promote post-exercise recovery, IV vitamin drip treatment may be an option for you. IV vitamin therapy is also commonly selected as adjunct support therapy for different health concerns.
When combined with a wellness program, IV therapy may contribute to lessening fatigue, pain, inflammation, strengthening your immune system, and more.
Take note: Prior to the first IV treatment, patients must have an in-person consultation with Dr. Amauri Caversan, ND, and they are required to undergo blood testing. This is to make sure there are no contraindications and to help determine which ingredients will be added to your tailor-made IV therapy bag. Once our Naturopathic Doctor determines which ingredients may support your health needs, he can customize your IV therapy drip.
Some of the blood tests that are required before receiving IV therapy include:
● Complete Blood Count (CBC) and Differential
● Kidney Function Panel
● Liver Function Panel
● Lipid Panel
If you’re receiving an IV that contains high-dose vitamin C, you must take a glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) test prior to the IV treatment. Patients with G6PD deficiencies cannot metabolize high levels of intravenous vitamin C, which is why the clinic requires blood work before administering high vitamin C doses. Please call us at 416-922-4114 if you have any questions about blood testing or have a more complex health conditions.
More information to know about IV therapy
- Vitamin IV therapy bypasses the gastrointestinal tract and allows direct cellular uptake. What this means is that IV therapy may help you avoid unwanted side effects from some oral vitamins and minerals (i.e. high doses of vitamin C and magnesium); some of those unwanted side effects from oral supplements include cramps, nausea or diarrhea.
- Studies have shown that, in order to be pharmacologically active, you need to attain certain blood or tissue concentrations of particular nutrients. Vitamin C is an example of this type of nutrient. Many studies have shown that increased concentrations of vitamin C are needed in the serum and intracellular fluid before exerting beneficial effects. However, these elevated concentrations cannot be accomplished with oral vitamin C supplements. The intestines have a limited ability to absorb vitamin C. In fact, higher doses of vitamin C (greater than 500 mg) result in marginally less vitamin C being absorbed when the oral dose intake increases.
IV vitamin therapy may deliver pharmacologically effective doses of essential vitamins and minerals, amino acids, electrolytes, and nutrients. Individuals with conditions that may hinder intestinal absorption may also consider IV therapy.
- Dehydration can be detrimental to the body; dehydration may effect physical, performance, and cause an inability to focus on tasks, headaches and fatigue. You may start to feel discomfort when you’re only 2-3% dehydrated. But IV therapy Custom Rehydration is a method for helping to restore the body functions. This may result in improved energy levels and nutrient levels.
- IV therapy hydrates you promptly. This is not true when you drink water, sports or energy drinks because they must pass through the digestive tract. Let’s look at water as an example: after drinking water, it will take about 5 minutes for it to begin appearing in the bloodstream. Half of the water from what you initially drank is absorbed by the 13-minute mark. By roughly 120 minutes, the water is finally absorbed into your body. Conversely, IV vitamin therapy infusion delivers all nutrients and hydration fully into the bloodstream.
5 Things To Do Before Your Vitamin IV Appointment By Dr. Amauri Caversan, ND
Whether it’s your first or routine IV vitamin drip at our Toronto clinic, there are a few things to do before each appointment:
- We want to make sure your veins are as visible and palpable for your IV therapy session. If possible, drink water before your appointment begins.
- If you arrive at your appointment with an empty stomach, make sure you let the naturopathic doctor know because your vitamin drip may cause light-headedness afterwards. So eat something before your appointment, anything! It’s important to keep your blood sugar levels up because some of the vitamins and minerals in your IV drip may lower blood sugar and blood pressure.
- After a heart-pumping workout, do your arms appear more “vascular” than usual? Here’s why: as we increase our bodily movement, our body needs more oxygen and nutrients. And since our blood transports both oxygen and nutrients, bodily movement causes more blood flow to be directed towards the muscles. The blood flow in arteries is faster than the blood outflow in our veins, which causes a slight backup in the veins; this causes our vessels to dilate. Moving around before your vitamin drip may contribute to an efficient IV therapy appointment. Here’s an easy fix: park a few blocks away and walk over to the clinic!
- If possible, consider refraining from antihistamines and decongestants before your IV drip. Indeed, these meds relieve allergy symptoms and alleviate headaches, but they may have a constricting effect on your blood vessels. This may make it challenging to find your vein for your IV treatment. But if you must take these over-the-counter meds, please get hydrated, eat a snack and quickly jog around the block before your appointment.
- When you arrive for your appointment, take a few minutes to relax. Deep breathing may release tension and prepare your body for treatment. As you sit back in your lounge chair, try five deep belly breaths like this:
● Place one hand over your chest and one over your belly.
● Watch your belly hand expand outward with each breath.
● If your belly hand isn’t expanding outward and your chest hand is rising instead, focus on your belly expanding outward as you breathe in.
Do you have more questions or concerns about IV vitamin drips and blood testing? Click here to email our office or to book an appointment.
Contact us to schedule a complimentary
introductory 15 minutes meeting.