Toronto Naturopath – Trusted Service with 5-star Google Reviews Rating
• Clinic offers iv vitamin therapy, acupuncture, detoxification, weight loss program, fertility, and more!
• Wellness center conveniently located at downtown Toronto.
• Professional and registered Naturopathic doctor will work with you so get the best treatment possible.
Top Things You Should Know About Naturopathy and Naturopathic Doctors
Finding a Toronto Naturopath could benefit your whole well-being. Why? Because naturopaths are practitioners of holistic healing; they are trained to optimize your health using natural solutions, such as changing your diet and suggesting new supplements. With the help of naturopathy, you could significantly transform your life in the long run.
So what do you need to know about naturopathy and finding the right Toronto naturopath? Check out the following information:
Quick Guide to Naturopathic Medicine
Think of naturopathy as a unique system that believes in mixing today’s science with natural therapies, encouraging the body to heal on its own. In other words, naturopathic medicine is evidence- and science-based while being intertwined with natural healings. It is a form of treatment that considers the patient as an individual; this means finding a natural approach that suits your needs and not somebody else’s.
Naturopathic doctors, including those in Toronto, follow these principles:
• Use nature as a powerful source for treatment;
• Use treatments that are the least invasive;
• Look at the causes behind illnesses by pinpointing and treating them;
• A doctor is not an authoritarian; he or she takes on the role of “teacher;”
• Encourages top health while preventing future illnesses.
Naturopathy is a safe form of treatment; naturopathic remedies are supported by peer-reviewed scientific journals. Research continues well into today’s laboratories, revealing more natural health findings and benefits. What’s most important is how naturopaths understand the individual body, while discovering how to restore its function under stress, such as illness.
What to Expect During Your First Visit
When you first visit a naturopathic doctor, he or she will get to know you as best as possible; for instance, what do you hope to achieve for good health? What is your health history? Family health history? A physical examination will occur; you may also be asked about the treatments you’ve received in the past from other health practitioners. Expect your first visit to last a few hours; subsequent visits may range in time, depending on the reason you’re seeking help.
Take Note: Naturopathic doctors may also practice other modalities, including lifestyle counselling, homeopathy, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM),IV therapy, acupuncture, herbal medicine, cold laser, shockwave and nutritional therapy.
To further understand your health, don’t be surprised if your Toronto Naturopath requests medical testing, such as scans or X-rays. In addition to this, lab work may be requested, which includes testing the saliva, urine or blood.
Who Should Seek Help From a Naturopath?
There has been an increase in naturopathic requests in the past 20 years, as some patients have been unhappy with conventional health care. More patients are concerned about taking preventative measures on their health, especially when it comes to the impact of everyday stressors.
The ages of patients ranges from infants to geriatric stages. According to the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND), there are various types of people who use naturopathic medicine:
• Those with life-threatening conditions who yearn to improve their quality of life. In many of these cases, they use naturopathic means to reduce the side effects of customary treatments, like surgery. For example, cancer patients who are taking chemotherapy treatments with a medical doctor may see a naturopath for intravenous vitamin-C treatments as well.
• Those who understand that good health is a process and lifestyle; they hope to create strategies that will help them prevent poor health.
• People who need a new perspective on their health; those who have struggled with treatments from other types of health care.
People with chronic diseases may also find relief from naturopathic medicine. For example, Dr. Amauri Caversan, a Toronto Naturopath, may help hinder a chronic disease by treating its root cause.
If there’s a reason a naturopathic practitioner cannot treat your condition, he or she will make the best reference for your health. Many naturopaths are trained to work alongside numerous experts.
Your Next Steps: How to Find a Naturopath in Toronto
Are you ready to seek the help of a Naturopath in your area? According to the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND), there are 2,400+ practitioners in Canada. To find a naturopathic doctor best suited for your health needs, follow these tips:
1. Contact a reputable association, such as the Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors (OAND) or the CAND. You can email or phone them for more information. Or you have the option of accessing both associations online, where you fill in your postal code for a list of the closest naturopaths near you.
2. Review your prospective doctor’s website. By reading his or her articles, you might be able to get a feel for the practitioner’s demeanor.
3. Ask your family, friends and coworkers for referrals. Word of mouth is a great indicator of the doctor’s knowledge and bedside manner.
4. Prior to your first appointment, make sure the doctor is properly trained and licensed. For example, a Toronto Naturopath should have completed an undergraduate program with science prerequisites; completed four years in an accredited naturopathy program; and have already completed various exams, including the Naturopathic Physicians Licensing Examinations and a provincial exam.
Most of all, make sure you’re comfortable with the naturopathic doctor you decide to choose. Many Toronto Naturopaths offer a free consultation, so take advantage of this offer to ask any pressing questions.
How Much Does It Cost to Visit a Naturopathic Doctor?
Most naturopaths charge per hour. It is best to check out an outline of fees from a doctor’s office beforehand. Although provincial health plans do not recognize naturopathic medicine, many health insurance plans cover it. Another option is to have your health insurance coverage extended to cover naturopathy. To be on the safe side, do speak to your workplace or insurance broker prior to your first naturopathic visit.
Whether you have an acute and/or chronic health conditions, finding a naturopath in Toronto’s downtown core will pleasantly surprise you. You just might discover a new way of living, which will optimize your health for the better. Your search for a naturopath will be a unique journey – not only will you discover the power of natural healings, you’ll meet amazing professionals who deeply care about your physical, emotional and spiritual health. Don’t hesitate to ask your family and friends what they know about naturopathy, too; you might be surprised by their personal success stories.
If you’re looking for a board certified and licensed Toronto Naturopath, contact Dr. Amauri Caversan at (416) 922-4114. You can also visit his wellness clinic at 1200 Bay Street #1102 Toronto, ON M5R 2A5.
what's on this page
– Quick Guide to Naturopathic Medicine
– What to Expect During Your First Visit
– Who Should Seek Help From a Naturopath?
– How to Find a Naturopath in Toronto
– How Much Does It Cost to Visit a Naturopathic Doctor?
Book a complimentary 15-minutes consultation via phone or in-person.