You may have heard about Naturopathy but do not fully understand what this healing practice is all about. Unlike conventional medicine which uses drugs to treat, naturopathy looks at its cause, addresses them, and uses various treatment methods which are natural and non-invasive. Read below to know more about how you can benefit with naturopathic medicine.
Way #1 – Multi-method approach.
Naturopathy uses various methods in the prevention and treatment of disease. According to the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians, Naturopathic practice includes the following diagnostic and therapeutic modalities:
– clinical and laboratory diagnostic testing
– nutritional medicine
– botanical medicine
– naturopathic physical medicine (including naturopathic manipulative therapy)
– public health measures
– minor surgery
– prescription medication
– intravenous and injection therapy
– naturopathic obstetrics (natural childbirth)
With the combination of these modern, traditional, scientific and tested methods, naturopathic medicine can significantly help improve the quality of your well-being.
Way #2 – Customized Treatment Plan.
Each person is unique and has different needs. When illness strikes, ND’s will evaluate a patient, identify the cause of his or her condition, and will come up with an individualized treatment plan.
At our wellness centre, your first visit will include a detailed health history, a complain-oriented physical exam, and may also include medical testing as part of the initial assessment.
Dr. Amauri will then work with you and come up with a plan that addresses your specific health needs.
Way #3 – Promotes self-healing ability.
With the winter season, colds and flu are prevalent occurrences. Instead of bombarding your body with pills, there are alternative ways you can let your body heal itself the natural way.
In the article “Preventing and Treating Flu-Like Illness: Natural Medicine Recommendations for Cold Weather Times” by Amy Rothenberg, ND, in the Huffingpost, here are some of our favorite tips:
– Reduce refined sugar in the diet, especially things like soda, candy, and baked goods. Eating or drinking too much sugar curbs immune system cells that attack viruses and bacteria.
– Regularly take Astragalus membranaceus to protect and support the immune system, to help prevent colds and upper respiratory infections.
– Sambucus nigra shortens the duration of cold and flu symptoms.
– Take a probiotic much of the immune system arises from the gut.
You can read more on this post.
Medical doctors are no longer the only caregivers known to us. More and more people are realizing the many benefits of naturopathic medicine. Naturopathic treatments will for sure help you take charge of your health. You can contact our Toronto Naturopath, Dr. Amauri Caversan, and book a complimentary 15-minute consultation.
Recommended reading: 3 Foolproof Health Tips For Better, Longer Life Expectancy